Yes, it’s a long title this week, but there is a method to my madness.
Warrior of Worrier? Or, Why You’re Like a Caveman
- Before my fun and informative post (do I sound like a PTA Mom, or is it just me?), why not check out the video that inspired it? So basically, our brains are hard-wired to, duh, protect us. And how does it protect us? By keeping us alert to external dangers that threaten our very existence. As I said in the video, back in the day, you were always on guard against things that might eat you. It was good then if you heard a branch crack, your brain started releasing chemicals that would allow you to…Read More
- Do Intentions work? Holy cow, DO they!!! The Intentions workshop recently held at Arden Hot Yoga last week had lots of happy endings (not those kind of happy endings, dirty little bird). But the story that reigns supreme is someone who, with the group of about 25 of us, intended for a completely unexpected gift to come to her within 48 hours. Well, guess what? Within that exact time frame she got her unexpected gift…to the tune of $75 THOUSAND bucks. I can’t promise that outcome for everyone, but it’s amazing what happens when you put your intentions out there with a good group of people. More info.
- Following my Yoga Hop? Here’s Lucky Number #7.
- Have you read the sequel to the book that’s had over 25 THOUSAND downloads and 136 great reviews? Get Secrets of a Spiritual Guru here. And now the next one, More Secrets.…is out! Pick up the 5-star sequel here.
- Update on the last law of attraction book you’ll ever need: The cover is being designed, the endorsements are in, and the interior is being typeset, so look for a summer launch of The Law of Distraction & The Art of Intention.
Article (cont’d from above)
gain the surge of energy you needed to run or fight. Fast forward to today, and we still are on quick alert, if say, a car cuts us off in traffic or a big burly guy in his underwear comes running at us in a shopping mall (What? Just me?). Anyway, because of this hard-wiring, we’re simply trained to be on the lookout for bad stuff. However, what this usually results in is us constantly thinking about bad stuff. Not good, because as the adage goes, what you think about, you bring about. What you focus on expands, thus, if you’re focusing on late car payments, angry words, or running out of wine (now I know this isn’t just me), you’re programming your conscious and subconscious minds to bring you exactly that.
The trick then begins with not beating ourselves up for being aware of potential dangers since our awareness can help protect and prepare us. AND to recognize that the majority of what we think about that doesn’t make us smile and giggle is most usually needless mind banter that serves us in no positive ways. Re-programming our minds to keep a laser-like focus on good stuff helps create new neuropathways in our brains, causing different behaviors with different results.
And if you want to get a little woo woo with me, focusing on things that make us happy raises our vibrations and helps us attract things from the quantum field that match our happy little hearts. Ultimately, our lives are so much more rewarding, exciting, and fulfilling when we learn to manage our minds and emotions. One of the best ways to achieve this is through meditation and mental creation. Even a few minutes a day can help calm your mind and renew your energy system.
That’s all for now…Nama-STAY-cool.